Explore The Lombok Bliss!
Lombok is an island in West Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia. East of Bali and west of Sumbawa, and part of the Lesser Sunda Island chain, that is draped with exquisite white-sand beaches, narrative surfing, friendly locals, and plenty of rice fields.
Despite the island’s spectacular landscapes and homey atmosphere; it still does not receive as much fame and adoration as Bali. And this has to change! We will tell you why in a bit, but first things first.
How to go from The Gili islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, and Gili Meno) to Lombok.
From Gili Trawangan to Lombok
The only options available to go from Gili Trawangan to Lombok and Vice versa is by either a public boat or a direct fast boat/ferry. And this is due to the very short distance between the two islands which is estimated by 46.1 Kilometers apart.
From Gili Trawangan to Lombok by public boat
You will depart from the Beach Jetty in Gili Trawangan, and your trip may take anywhere from 20-30 minutes to Bangsal, after arriving in Bangsal, you will find many horse-cart drivers who will want to transport you the 500 meters to the road. You can choose to do that or walk. You will also be accosted by lots of people with offers of transport. And you may find a taxi waiting at the gates that you can take. The boat departs twice daily; the first one is in the morning at 7.30 am, and another one in the afternoon at around 4.30 pm.
Just so you know; there is no harbor in Gili Trawangan, there is only the Beach Jetty, which basically all boats land around.
From Gili Trawangan to Lombok by Bali Ferry (and vice versa)
We have direct trips to/from the two islands, through Beach Jetty (Gili Trawangan) and Senggigi harbor (Lombok) alternatively. Hence, if you are departing from Gili Trawangan; your ferry will be located at the Beach Jetty, and if you are traveling from Lombok, your ferry will be waiting at the Senggigi harbor.
The shortest trip takes around 15-20 minutes, and the longest one is one hour (depends on the operator you choose).
Quite simple, huh?
When does the ferry depart?
From Gili Trawangan to Lombok
- » We have two options. The first trip departing from Gili Trawangan is at 11:30, arriving in Senggigi harbor at 11:50. (Travel time: 20 minutes).
- » The second ferry departs at 13:45, and arriving at 14:00. (Travel time: 15 minutes).
From Lombok to Gili Trawangan
- » We also have two ferry trips departing daily from Lombok to Gili Trawangan. First one is at 10:15, arriving in Beach Jetty at 10:45.
- » The other one departs at 12:30, and arriving at 13:00.
(Total travel time is 30 minutes for both trips).
From Gili Meno to Lombok by public boat
The boat departs twice daily, the first boat departs from Gili Meno arriving in Bangsal at 9:30, and another one to Senggigi harbor at 3:20 pm. However, it is better to check at the Gili Meno boat office for exact times and remember to arrive early to avoid any delays.
From Gili Meno to Lombok by Bali Ferry
You will not need to go through any hassle or travel anywhere else to catch your boat to Lombok. We provide one direct trip from Gili Meno to Lombok, and another one from Lombok to Gili Meno through Beach Jetty (Gili Meno) and Senggigi Harbor (Lombok).
When does the ferry depart?
From Gili Meno to Lombok
- » The ferry departs from Gili Meno at 13:15, arriving in Senggigi harbor at 14:15. (Travel time: one hour).
From Lombok to Gili Meno
- » The ferry departs from Senggigi harbor at 12:30 pm, and arriving at 13:00. (Travel time: 30 minutes).
From Gili Air to Lombok by public boat
There is one public boat trip from Gili Air to Lombok, through Bangsal at 8:30 am. It is also better to check at the Gili Air boat office for the exact times and make sure to arrive early to avoid any delays.
Sometimes the boat only departs when there are enough passengers, from 15-20 people. Take that into consideration.
From Gili Air to Lombok by Bali Ferry
We also provide one direct trip from Gili Air to Lombok, and two direct trips from Lombok to Gili Air through Beach Jetty (Gili Air) and Senggigi Harbor (Lombok).
When does the ferry depart?
From Gili Air to Lombok
- » The ferry departs from Gili Air at 11:30, arriving in Senggigi harbor at 12:20. (Travel time: 50 minutes).
From Lombok to Gili Air
- » We have two ferry trips departing daily from Lombok to Gili Air. First one is at 10:15, arriving in Beach Jetty at 11:15 (Travel time: one hour).
- » The other one departs at 12:30, and arriving at 13:00 (Travel time: 30 minutes).
Our available trips between the Gilis.
From Gili Air to Gili Trawangan
If you want to do some islands hopping; we have a direct trip from Gili Air to Gili Trawangan that takes around 30 minutes. The ferry departs from Gili Air (Beach Jetty) at 12:45 and arriving in Gili Trawangan at 13:15.
On your travel day, make sure to have your Baliferry e-ticket printed and ready to show to the boat staff. They know us well, so the process is really simple. The fast boat staff will simply take your e-ticket and shepherd you to your boat.
Your ticket will also include all the important details you need to know about your trip... Bon Voyage!
What if my trip was canceled, what happens to my money?
No worries at all. In BaliFerry, we enlist a money back guarantee policy in case a cancellation was made. However, it should be done within 14 days before departure date, minus the transaction fee of USD $20 (or your currency equivalent).
You may also adjust your trip date within 7 days before departure if you don’t want it to be canceled. A 10$ fee will be applied in this case.
What makes us different?
Is it safe?
Yes, safety is certainly our main priority, we provide our passengers with the top, up-to-date navigation and required safety equipment to ensure you one of the safest and pleasant travel experiences.
What about our suppliers?
We are working with the most trustworthy suppliers that provide the best service for your convenience.
Are the prices reasonable?
With both reasonably affordable prices and the highest quality ferries; you will never find any transportation services like us.
Are the payments secure?
Our payment system is 100% secure. Payments can be done easily with only one click, using either your credit card or PayPal account.
Do we have a money back guarantee?
We apply a money back guarantee policy in case of cancellations prior to 14 days before ferry departure.
When will I receive my e-ticket?
We will provide you with an e-ticket immediately after booking your trip.
Capable Customer Service?
We have a devoted team of the most hardworking passionate people, whom at your service whenever you need them.
Are we trustworthy?
We are trusted by 688,874 loyal customers since 2011 and still counting. We’ve worked hard to build and maintain this trust for more than 5 years with thousands of happy customers.
* We will always give our best to exceed your expectations, through providing you with the best and most affordable ferries in the region; that will guarantee you a safe and enjoyable experience *.
Since now you know how to get to Lombok, you are probably curious why do we call it the new Bali. Here’s a start:
Lombok is blessed with the most outstanding tropical beaches that is rewarded with soft white sand, turquoise waters, and the lush green mountains that are perfectly framing the picture.
Tourists’ favorites: Selong Belanak, Tanjung Aan Beach, Senggigi Beach Mawun, and Pink Beach.
The local vibe and the strong culture: With significantly less tourists, Lombok’s friendly locals are everywhere, making it feel like home. It is pretty common to see locals and travelers surf together in the ocean, eat in the same small restaurants, and dance together in the same bars.
If you are a waterfalls’ digger, you’re in luck indeed!
Lombok has plentiful waterfalls, mostly in the northern part of the island. A couple of them are Tiu Teja, Tiu Kelep or Sendang Gile. And some in the center of Lombok such as Benang Kelambu, Benang Stokel or Jeruk Manis near Tetebatu. The island is also the home of the country's second highest volcano Gunung Rinjani.
The Tasty Food
Anyone that has been to Lombok immediately falls for their yummy dishes! Whether you are a vegetarian, a vegan, or a meat lover; in Lombok, there is something for everyone.
The Cheap Prices
Lombok is relatively cheap compared to Bali. For instance, In Mataram, cheap food stalls sell delightful local food for under $1, while on the south coast in Kuta, Lombok, you can relish a fresh grilled fish meal in an international restaurant with a cost less than $5, and Guesthouses cost probably around $10 to $20 for a double room per night.
Do you think it’s time to save a big spot for Lombok on your dream destinations list?
We think so too!
Check out our updated booking schedule to/from The Gili islands and Lombok, and select the most suitable option.
- » No extra charges or hidden fees: you pay what you see!
- » Money back guarantee for cancellations within 14 days before ferry departure.
Book now and enjoy a 15% discount!
- » It is most recommended to book your trip in advance during the high season. Most boats are fully booked in these days.
- » Most of ferry trips are not suitable for pregnant women, infants, people with heart or back problems, or other physical impediments.
Got any questions or concerns?
Contact our customer service team instantly!
Or send us a request.
If neither are good options for you; you can always catch us on the live chat.
* For faster service, simply provide us with your 6 digits booking reference number, or your email address *.
Have a marvelous trip!
Lombok travel guide
Getting around Lombok
- » Senggigi area can be easily explored on foot. Sun bathing on Senggigi beach, visiting Senggigi town, having delicious dinner at a local restaurant, and heading to the nearby supermarkets for some grocery and local snack shopping describes less than a day around the area.
- » You may take a 1.5 taxi ride if you wish to go from Senggigi to the South of Lombok where all the fabulous beaches are located.
- » Renting a car and driving is always an option! However driving may be hectic for some foreigners due to the completely different traffic rules, or maybe none at all!
- » Renting a car with a driver is also possible through tour companies in Senggigi along Jalan Raya Senggigi, for relatively cheap prices.
- » Cidomo Horse drawn carts are everywhere and preferred by both tourists and locals, even though they charge a higher price than other transportations; they are indeed a unique way to get around the island while enjoying the surroundings in a calm pace.
- » Motor bikes and scooters are Indonesia’s most common transportation method, and they are widely available. You may consider renting one if you are planning to go a little bit further.
- » And of course if you prefer a simple and fun transportation to travel around the nearby areas, you can always consider a bicycle!
Lombok’s best destinations.
You will most probably arrive in Senggigi because it is one of the main harbors, and has a variety of hotels and accommodation options.
You may go on sightseeing tours, enjoy the unique pottery in the gift shops, climb some mountains, go wild with water activities, or chill in a relaxing spa.
You will be stunned by the overwhelming view of this volcano mountain. You may book a guided tour to the Crater Lake and even to the top at all touristy spots. If you love climbing; never miss out on the Renjani!
Kuta has some of the most gorgeous beaches in Lombok e.g, Mawun, Tanjung Aan and Selong Belanak. And it is probably the second tourist hype after Senggigi. It also has many beautiful accommodations and great restaurants.
Pusuk Monkey Forest
The Monkey Forest is located in Bangsal. It is named after the numerous wild monkeys in the jungle and near the street. Enjoy feeding the hungry monkeys, and maybe teasing some. Not so much though! You can go to Bangsal by either a taxi or a scooter from Senggigi.
Mosques and Hindu Temples
Since the majority of Lombok are Muslims; it is no surprise to witness plenty of mosques. Take a minute to notice their amazing interiors and architecture. There are also more than one holistic temple, that you don’t want to escape.
Most of them are located at the western part of the island in and around Mataram, Cakranegara or Senggigi.
They are traditional Asian markets where you can find fresh fruits and veggies, spices, fish, clothes and jewelry. For clothes and souvenirs; try the Cakranegara Market (Pasar Cakranegara) in Mataram.
There are plenty of cooking classes in Lombok, and it is something you should absolutely go for. Learning how to cook the tasty Indonesian food is absolutely an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. It’s the simple things that counts!
Bau Nyale Festival
One of the most wonderfully weird festivals you might encounter. The Sasak festival is basically about catching sea worms! It is a celebration of the annual appearance of the Nyale sea worms which crowd of people flock to the sea to catch these rare creatures.
The tradition takes place on the 20th day of the 10th month of each year in the traditional Sasak Calendar, which usually takes place around February.
Usually held during July. It’s a several day celebration presenting Lombok’s art and culture. It is a great way to take a glimpse of all Lombok’s cultures in one place, witness couple of parades, and engage in some fun competitions.
Ogoh Ogoh Parade
Ogoh Ogoh are statues built for the Ngrupuk parade which takes on the day before Nyepi day (Hindu New Year) usually in March and April. The main purpose of the statues is purifying the natural environment from any pollutants resulted from the daily activities of all living creatures, mainly human beings.
Gendang Beleq Festival
This is a unique cultural festival which locals perform a dance, accompanied by drums and colourful clothing, leaving a positive nourishing vibe behind.
What is the best time to go?
Mainly, you can travel to the islands at any time. However, the best time of the year (the high season) starts at the end of May/beginning of June to the end of September, which is also considered the dry season.
Don’t be afraid to go in other months as well, Lombok weather is pretty amazing all year around thanks to its tropical climate.
The wet season runs from October to April, and it is actually less humid and rainfall is not very high. So, basically whenever you choose to go; it will still be the adventure of a life time.
Please note that this information is subject to change. If you have any doubts or concerns; contact our customer service team via the email, phone, or live chat.
Travelling from Bali to Lombok? Here’s All What You Need to Know!
How to get to the Gili Islands from Bali in the most convenient way!