When tourists get overwhelmed by the hectic and crowded life in Bali; they immediately reach out for Lombok!
And it is actually the best decision you can make. The gorgeous island is treasured with outstanding beaches, strong culture, heavenly nature, and a Caribbean like crystal blue water. It is located east of Bali and west of Sumbawa, and part of the Lesser Sunda island chain.
By being equally magical but not as popular as its superstar neighbor Bali; Lombok makes the perfect gate away destination spot.
How to go from Bali to Lombok
There are many options available to get from Bali to Lombok and vice versa. From flights, fast boats, public ferries, and private boats charter. So, Let’s dig into details!
From Bali to Lombok by airplane
Flights departs from Ngurah Rai (Denpasar) domestic airport and arrives at Lombok international airport. The airport is close to Praya (central Lombok), 1 and half hours’ drive from Senggigi, around 40 kilometers south of Mataram city, and 25 minutes away from Kuta.
Several airlines provide daily flights between Bali and Lombok, Including Lion Air, Wings Air, Merpati Nusantara airlines, Silk Air, Trigana Air, Garuda Indonesia, and Indonesian Airlines. . Flight time is around 30 minutes, and tickets can be bought directly from the airline counters at the domestic airports, or through local travel agents in Bali and Lombok.
By public ferry
The public ferry from Bali to Lombok departs daily from Padang Bai Harbour only. It departs every hour for 24 hours a day reaching Lembar in southwest of Lombok. This trip takes about 4-5 hours plus waiting time.
By fast boat
Definitely a fun and adventurous way to cross between the islands. There are more than one fast boats’ operator providing trips from Bali to Lombok and back. However the boats vary in quality, safety, schedule times, and prices.
At Baliferry.com, we deal with the best and most trusted ferry boats’ operators in the region. The ferries depart at different times daily which gives you the flexibility to choose the most suitable option.
We also provide comfortable pickup services through multiple connection points. Simply choose the nearest one, and we will be there!
For a limited time; Book your fast boat now and get up to 25% discount!
By private boat charter
It is certainly the most expensive choice compared to other transportation options. However, if you have the extra cash, or you are a large group of people; you can give it a try.
Otherwise, private boat charters are usually used for surfing trips, and cruising around different spots in both Bali and Lombok.
From Bali to Lombok by Baliferry (and vice versa)
We provide direct daily trips through the safest, and most affordable fast boats’ operators. Crossing between the different harbors in Bali (Serangan, Padang Bai, Sanur Jetty) and the different harbors in Lombok (Bangsal Harbor, Senggigi Harbor, and Teluk Kode).
The trips takes between 1 to 3 hours, depending on the operator, destination, and the schedule time you choose. Here’s a glimpse:
We provide 8 direct trips departing from Serangan, Padang Bai, and Sanur Jetty:
We have 6 daily trips departing from Padang Bai to Lombok.
- » The first boat leaves Padang Bai at 8:00 am, and reaches Teluk Kode at 9:40 am (Travel time: 1:40 hours).
- » Second one departs from Padang Bai at 9:00, reaching Bangsal Harbor at 11:45 am (Travel time: 2:45 hours).
- » Another boat leaves Padang Bai at 9:15, and arriving at Teluk Kode at 10:30 am
- » The following boat leave from Padang Bai at 9:30, and reaches Senggigi Harbor at 12:30 (Travel time: 3 hours).
- » And another one departs from Padang Bai at 9:30, arriving at Senggigi at 11:00 (Travel time: 1:30 hours).
- » The afternoon boat leaves Padang Bai at 13:00 pm, and reaches Teluk Kode at 14:40 (Travel time: 1:40 hours).
- » The last boat departs from Padang Bai at 13:30 pm, and arrives at 15:20 at Bangsal Harbor (Travel time: 1:50 hours).
We provide 2 direct trips departing daily from Bali to Lombok through Serangan.
- » The first boat departs from Serangan at 8:00 am, and reaches Teluk Kode at 10:30 am (Travel time: 2:30 hours).
- » Second one departs from Serangan at 9:00 am, arriving at 11:45 at Bangsal Harbor (Travel time: 2:45 hours).
We provide one direct trip departing from Sanur Jetty to Senggigi Harbor, Lombok.
- » The boat departs from Sanur Jetty at 9:30, and arrives at Senggigi Harbor at 12:30 (Travel time: 3 hours).
From Lombok to Bali by Baliferry
We provide 6 direct trips departing from Bangsal Harbor, Senggigi Harbor, and Teluk Kode to Bali.
There are three direct trips from Bangsal Harbor to Lombok.
- » The first boat departs from Bangsal Harbor at 11:00 am, and reaches Padang Bai at 12:30 pm (Travel time: 1:30 hours).
- » Second one departs from Bangsal Harbor at 12:15 pm, arriving at Serangan at 15:00 pm (Travel time: 2:45 hours).
- » The last boat departs from Bangsal Harbor at 15:30 pm, reaching Padang Bai at 16:50 pm (Travel time: 1:20 hours).
We have two direct trips departing from Senggigi Harbor to Lombok.
- » The first boat from Senggigi Harbor leaves at 11:00 am, and arrives at Padang Bai at 13:30 pm (Travel time: 2:30 hours).
- » The second one departs from Senggigi at 12:30 pm, and arrives at Sanur Jetty at 17:00 pm (Travel time: 4:30 hours).
We have one afternoon trip directly from Teluk Kode to Padang Bai.
- » The boat leaves from Teluk Kode at 15:15 pm, and arrives at Padang Bai at 17:00 pm (Travel time: 1:45 hours).
Check out our updated booking schedule between Bali and Lombok, and select the most suitable option.
- » No extra charges or hidden fees: you pay what you see!
- » Money back guarantee for cancellations within 14 days before ferry departure.
On your travel day, make sure to have your Baliferry e-ticket printed and ready to show to the boat staff. They know us well, so the process is really simple. The fast boat staff will simply take your e-ticket and shepherd you to your boat.
Your ticket will also include all the important details you need to know about your trip... Bon Voyage!
To give you an idea about Bali Ferry:
We make sure to give you the safest most comfortable ferry trip you will ever have, with our thorough navigation and quality ferries installed with safety equipment that will make you feel the utmost safety.
We work with select suppliers to provide you with services that exceed your expectations.
We have the cheapest and most affordable prices that you can't compare to anybody else. If you noticed better prices anywhere else, please let us know.
Our payment system is 100% secure. Payments are easily made on the internet with a click of a button, using either your credit card or PayPal account.
Please let us know about your experience with our services, we are welcoming to feedback and we act on it, we are always making altercations to improve our services.
We apply a money back guarantee policy in case of cancellations prior to 14 days before your ferry departure.
Your e-ticket will be provided as soon as you book your trip, it's as simple as that.
Our customer service agents are always making sure you are happy and well informed of every little detail, at your service for almost 24 hours, from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM Thailand Time/ 365 days a year!
If our customers could vote they will give us the most trustworthy trophy, 688,874 loyal customers since 2011 and we are counting still. We work really hard to give the safest and most convenient service for more than 5 years with thousands of consumers.
* We will always do the best we can for your satisfaction, through providing you with the best and most affordable ferries in the region; that will guarantee you a safe and enjoyable experience *.
In case you are wondering; if I canceled my booking, what will happen to my money?
There is absolutely no problem, as in Bali Ferry we apply a money back guarantee policy in case of cancellations made within 14 days before departure date, minus the transaction fee of USD $20 (or your currency equivalent).
You may also adjust your trip date within 7 days before departure if you don’t want it to be canceled. A 10$ fee will be applied in this case.
If you have more queries; take a look at our FAQs.
Didn't find what you were hoping for? That’s alright, all you need to do is to contact us through the phone, live chat or via email. We are pleased to help you!
- » It is most recommended to book your trip in advance during the high season. Most boats are fully booked in these days.
- » Most of the ferry trips are not suitable for pregnant women, infants, people with heart or back problems, or other physical impediments.
Got any further questions or concerns?
Contact our customer service team instantly!
Or send us a request.
If neither are good options for you; you can always catch us on the live chat.
* For faster service, simply provide us with your 6 digits booking reference number, or your email address *.
Have a fascinating trip!
Please note that this information is subject to change. If you have any doubts or concerns; contact our customer service team via the email, phone, or live chat.
From Bali to Lembongan through the most comfortable, affordable, and trusted way!
Travel from the Gili Islands to Lombok safely, affordably, and efficiently