- Explore the Three Gili Paradises
- First of all, How to get to the Gili Islands
(Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, Gili Meno>) from Bali
- From Bali to the Gili Islands by fast boats
- Private Charter Boat
- Public ferry
- By Airplane
- Private Air Charters
- Our Suppliers
- Most Affordable
- Secure Payment
- Money Back Guarantee
- Immediate E-ticket
- Hassle Free
- Devoted Customer Service
- Now, Let’s take a look at our updated Bali boat schedule:
- From Bali to Gili Islands by Bali Ferry (and vice versa)
- From Bali to Gili Trawangan by Bali Ferry Fast Boat
- Padang Bai
- Sanur Jetty
- Padang Bai
- Sanur Jetty
- What if I canceled my reservation for any reason,
what shall I do?
- Got any questions or concerns?
- Fun things to do in the Gilis?
- Fishing and BBQ
- Explore the underwater world
- Horseback ride on the beach
- Walk it
- The night market
- Visit the turtle sanctuary
Explore the Three Gili ParadisesThe Gili islands (also known as The Gilis) are a group of three incredibly beautiful islands located near the cost of northwest Lombok. The gorgeous tiny islands ( Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, and Gili Meno) are widely known among travelers for their exquisite sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, colorful coral reefs, and tropical palm trees that create an endless feeling of bliss and joy and makes it every traveler dream.
So, as you are in Bali and probably heard a lot about these little pieces of heaven; why don’t you hop into an island adventure to the Gilis and make this trip counts?
Don’t worry, we will guide you through it!
First of all, How to get to the Gili Islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, Gili Meno>) from BaliHere’s what you need to know about traveling between the Gilis and Bali:
There are a number of options for getting from Bali to any of the Gili islands. Journeys to these tiny heavens can include fast boats to Gili, private charters, public boats, planes, and even helicopters!! It’s all about the most suitable transportation option for you, and how much you are willing to spend.
From Bali to the Gili Islands by fast boatsLeaving from Bali to the Gilis, passengers have several operators to choose from. The boat trip from Padang Bai to the Gili islands takes around one and a half to two hours, and generally departs daily between 9:00 am and 9:30 am in the morning.
You may spend the night in Kuta and take the shuttle bus to Padang Bai in the morning, or head to Padang Bai the day before and spend the night there, and experience a little Kuta adventure.
At Baliferry.com, we deal with the best and most trusted ferry and fast boats’ operators in the region. The ferries depart daily from different spots in Bali (Padang Bai, Serangan, and Sanur Jetty) which makes it way smoother, and give you the flexibility to choose, so you don’t get stuck in only one harbor, and simply head to the nearest.
Private Charter BoatUnless you don’t mind spending extra cash and looking for a fancy way to slay your way down to the Gilis; you can always consider renting a private charter sailing boat. There are some operators offering you a variety of options including speedboats, cruisy catamaran or luxurious yachts.
Public ferryTo get from Bali to the Gilis by public ferry; you need to take into consideration that it will be a long journey, as you will be taking two different boats to reach the islands.
First, you will take the public ferry from Padang Bai to Lombok. The boat departs every hour and the travel time is about five hours.
Then, you will take another public boat from Lombok to the Gili islands including wait time in between. So, the total travel time will be around eight hours.
By AirplaneYou can always consider this option if you need a faster way to get to the Gilis. However, it is not that faster compared to direct fast boat trips. Here’s why:
The flight from Denpasar, Bali to Lombok takes about 30 minutes. There are a variety of airlines you can choose from, the cheapest is Lion Air and the domestic airlines e.g, Garuda Indonesia for a slightly higher price.
Once you are in Lombok, you can take either a public or a fast ferry boat for another 30 minutes to one hour trip from Bangsal or Senggigi harbor to The Gilis.
Total time will be around 2-3 hours, considering the travel time plus the waiting time in between.
Private Air ChartersA wild and adventurous way to go from Bali to the Gili islands while enjoying the spectacular above shots of both islands.
The sole operator of the private helicopter charter is Air Bali, which they have named the Gilicopter.
The Gilicopter operates only on Fridays and Sundays from Bali to Gili Trawangan. The flight duration is 45 minutes, and it takes up to five people depending on weight.
Since now you have all the general information on how to go from Bali to the Gilis; take a look at why Booking with Bali Ferry is the best and most convenient option:-
SafetyOur services guarantee utmost security, with updated navigation and safety equipment tailored for our passengers' convenience.
Our SuppliersWe work with deliberately selected suppliers to make sure that our service meets your requirements.
Most AffordableWe have reasonable prices and the highest quality of transportation you will ever come across at the same time.
Secure PaymentOur payment system ensures 100% security. With one click you can make the payment, it’s so easy!, using either your credit card or PayPal account.
Money Back GuaranteeWe apply a money back guarantee policy in case of any cancellations made prior to 14 days before ferry departure.
Immediate E-ticketA detailed e-ticket will be sent to your email immediately after booking your trip.
Hassle FreeWe save you time, energy and money with our running and quickly responsive team that is trained to provide you with a smooth service that makes you feel at ease and an easy to use website for booking your trip.
Devoted Customer ServiceWe have a sleepless hardworking team full of passionate people, whom at your service for almost 24 hours, from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM Thailand Time/ 365 days a year!
TrustworthyWe gained our trustworthy title from 688,874 loyal customers since 2011 and still counting. We’ve worked so hard to build and maintain this trust for more than 5 years with thousands of consumers.
Book your ferry now and get up to 38% discount for a limited time!
Now, Let’s take a look at our updated Bali boat schedule:
From Bali to Gili Islands by Bali Ferry (and vice versa)Unlike the other operators; in BaliFerry, we provide a variety of the best and safest fast boat trips between the different harbors in Bali and the different Gili islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, and Gili Meno).
The boat trips take between 1:15 to 4 hours, depending on the operator you choose.
From Bali to Gili Trawangan by Bali Ferry Fast BoatWe have eight daily direct trips between Bali and Gili Trawangan departing from Padang Bai, Sarangan, and Sanur Jetty:
We provide 5 daily trips departing from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan
- » First trip departs from Padang Bai at 9:00 am, and arrives at Beach Jetty (Gili Trawangan) at 10:30 (Travel time: 1:30 hours).
- » The second one leaves Padang Bai at 9:15 am, arriving at Beach Jetty at 10:00 am (Travel time: 45 minutes).
- » We have another trip departs from Padang Bai at 9:30, arriving at Beach jetty at 11:20 (Travel time: 1:50 hours).
- » The forth option we have is the direct trip departing from Padang Bai at 13:00 pm, and arriving at 14:15 pm at Beach Jetty.
- » Last trip from Padang Bai departs at 13:30, arriving at Beach Jetty at 14:50 (Travel time: 1:20 hours).
And another 5 daily trips from Gili Trawangan to Padang Bai.
- » First trip departs from Beach Jetty at 10:30, and arrives at Padang Bai at 12:30 (Travel time: 2 hours).
- » Second one departs from Beach Jetty at 11:30, arriving at 13:30 at Padang Bai (Travel time: 2 hours).
- » Another ferry trip leaves Beach Jetty at 11:45, arriving at Padang Bai at 13:00 (Travel time: 1:15 hours).
- » The last one departs from Beach Jetty at 15:00, and arrives at Padang Bai at 16:50 (Travel time: 1:50 hours).
SeranganWe have two direct trips from Serangan to Gili Trwangan, and one direct trip from Beach Jetty, Gili Trawangan to Serangan:
From Serangan to Gili TrawanganFirst trip departs from Serangan at 8:00 am, arriving at 10:00 am at Beach Jetty (Travel time: 2 hours).
The second trip departs from Serangan at 9:00, and arrives at Beach Jetty at 11:15 am (Travel time: 2:15 hours).
From Gili Trawangan to SeranganThe ferry departs from Beach Jetty at 11:30, arriving at Serangan at 14:30 (Travel time: 3 hours).
Sanur JettyWe provide one daily trip from Sanur Jetty to Gili Trawangan, and another one from Gili Trawangan to Sanur Jetty:
From Sanur Jetty to Gili Trawangan
- » The ferry departs from Sanur Jetty at 9:30, arriving at 13:20 at Gili Trawangan.
From Gili Trawangan to Sanur Jetty
- » The ferry departs from Gili Trawangan at 13:45, and arrives at Gili Trawangan at 17:00 (Travel time: 3:15).
From Bali to Gili AirWe provide 7 daily trips between Bali and Gili Air, also departing from Padang Bai, Serangan, or Sanur Jetty:
We also provide 5 daily trips departing from Padang Bai to Gili Air
- » The first ferry departs from Padang Bai at 8:00 am, and arrives at Beach Jetty (Gili Air) at 09:50 (Travel time: 1:50 hours).
- » The second one leaves Padang Bai at 9:00 am, arriving at Beach Jetty at 10:45 am (Travel time: 1:45 minutes).
- » We have another trip departs from Padang Bai at 9:15, arriving at Beach jetty at 11:00 (Travel time: 1:45 hours).
- » Another option we have is the direct trip departing from Padang Bai at 9:30 am, and arriving at 11:40 am at Beach Jetty (Travel time: 2:10 hours).
- » Last trip from Padang Bai departs at 13:30, arriving at Beach Jetty at 15:05 (Travel time: 1:35 hours).
And another 5 daily trips from Gili Air to Padang Bai.
- » First trip departs from Beach Jetty at 10:45, and arrives at Padang Bai at 12:30 (Travel time: 1:45 hours).
- » Second one departs from Beach Jetty at 11:15, arriving at 13:00 at Padang Bai (Travel time: 1:45 hours).
- » Another ferry trip leaves Beach Jetty at 11:50, arriving at Padang Bai at 13:30 (Travel time: 1:40 hours).
- » The last one departs from Beach Jetty at 15:15, and arrives at Padang Bai at 16:50 (Travel time: 1:35 hours).
SeranganWe have one direct trip from Serangan to Gili Air, and another one departing from Gili Air to Serangan:
From Serangan to Gili AirThe ferry departs from Serangan at 9:00 am, arriving at 11:50 am at Gili Air (Travel time: 2:50 hours).
From Gili Air to SeranganThe ferry departs from Gili Air at 11:45, arriving at Serangan at 14:30 (Travel time: 2:45 hours).
Sanur JettyWe provide one direct trip between Sanur Jetty and Gili Air (Beach Jetty):
From Sanur Jetty to Gili Air
- » The ferry departs from Sanur Jetty at 9:30, arriving at 13:30 at Gili Air (Travel time: 4 hours).
From Gili Air to Sanur Jetty
- » The ferry departs from Gili Air at 12:45, and arrives at Sanur Jetty at 17:00 (Travel time: 4:15).
From Bali to Gili MenoWe currently don’t provide direct ferry trips from Bali to Gili Meno; however you can take the fast boat to either Gili Trawangan or Gili Air then take a small hoping boat to Gili Meno. Public and private chartered boats are available and relatively cheap.
NoteOn your travel day, make sure to have your BaliFerry e-ticket printed and ready to show to the boat staff. They know us well, so the process is really simple. The fast boat staff will simply take your e-ticket and shepherd you to your boat.
Your ticket will also include all the important details you need to know about your trip... Bon Voyage!
What if I canceled my reservation for any reason, what shall I do?In BaliFerry we apply a money back guarantee policy, so don't worry about anything. Just make sure your cancellation is done within 14 days before the departure date. USD $20 (or your currency equivalent) will be deduced as a transaction fee. You may also adjust your trip date within 7 days before the departure if you don't want to cancel it. A 10$ fee will be applied in this case.
Check out our updated booking schedule to/from The Gili islands and Bali, and select the most suitable option.
- » No extra charges or hidden fees: you pay what you see!
- » Money back guarantee for cancellations within 14 days before ferry departure.
- » It is most recommended to book your trip in advance during the high season. Most boats are fully booked in these days.
- » Most of ferry trips are not suitable for pregnant women, infants, people with heart or back problems, or other physical impediments.
Got any questions or concerns?What are you waiting for? Contact our customer service team instantly!
If neither are good options for you; you can always catch us on the live chat.
* For faster service, simply provide us with your 6 digits booking reference number, or your email address *.
Have a delightful trip!
Fun things to do in the Gilis?Here’s a glimpse!
PartyingGili trawangan is best known as the “party island” due to the occasional big parties and live music nights that takes place in the island every now and then.
Fishing and BBQLive your island dream with a spare fish adventure, or go on a fishing tour where you can catch the freshest and tastiest fish yourself and then grill it.
Explore the underwater worldWell, of course! Colorful corals, interesting creatures, and one of the clearest aqua water ever. There are also diving schools on all of the Gili islands, you may find most of them on Gili Trawangan. However, you can still borrow or rent snorkel equipment almost on every corner.
Horseback ride on the beachNothing is more magical than a horseback ride at sunset! There are couple providers offering horse ride renting packages.
Fun Fact! the only transportation options available in the Gilis are bicycles and horse carriages (Cidomos).
Walk itThe Gili islands are very tiny, so you can walk around the islands in about 1-2 hours, or maybe rent a bicycle for a fun way to get around.
The night marketThe night market takes place at Gili Trawangan, every night around 6:00 pm at the market square in front of the boat pier. It is a food bliss, offering a wide variety of delicious fresh food such as fresh fish, seafood, all kinds of satay, rice and noodle dishes, vegetables, grilled corn, and the famous Indonesian Nasi Campur dish that you shouldn’t skip!
MassagesMassages and fish pedicures are widely available in the Gilis. Getting a traditional Indonesian massage after strolling around the islands, is the perfect way to end your day.
Visit the turtle sanctuaryTo protect the baby turtles from wild animals; eggs are collected, incubated, and raised at Bolong’s Turtle Sanctuary in Gili Meno. They are raised in a small pool and after 8 months of care and preparation, they get released into the wild on the beaches. You can even choose a turtle and release it yourself for a donation of 100,000 rupiah.
There are certainly many other fun activities you can do in the Gilis, and maybe some you may discover yourself. Just don’t forget to tell us about it!
Please note that this information is subject to change. If you have any doubts or concerns; contact our customer service team via the email, phone, or live chat.
Travel from the Gili Islands to Lombok safely, affordably, and efficiently
Travelling straight between Lembongan and Lombok is now possible!